Sears, Roebuck and Co. colloquially known as Sears, is an American chain of department stores founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Curtis Roebuck in 1893, and was reincorporated by Richard Sears and Julius Rosenwald in 1906. Formerly based at the Sears Tower in Chicago and currently headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, the operation began as a mail ordering catalog company and began opening retail locations in 1925.
The first location was in Chicago, Illinois. In 2005, the company was bought by the management of the American big box chain Kmart, which formed Sears Holdings upon completion of the merger.
Scope of Services
Sears partnered with RSG to provide the following scope of services:
- Store Hardware Break fix – 140 corporate stores, 71 homes stores, and 900 remote catalogue stores (Over 5,000 lanes)
- Service Desk Support – same day, next day onsite service
- Support all data centers across the country with a 4 hr response time
- Installation and renovations projects for all stores
- Reduced service requests by 37% YoY
- Standardized the store technology stack
- Reduced annual I.T. store support costs by 26%
- Standardized store support processes and procedures
- Implemented governance and management processes
- Accurate asset management and reporting